My Experience with Ovarian Cyst (part 8)

January 5th, I woke up early, made some toasts and hot tea and headed to Austin Regional Clinic to meet with Dr. B. Nurse called me in at around 8am. 10 minutes later there were knocks on the door. Dr. came in, with proper hospitality, as usual. I told him what happened after our meeting 3 months ago, how I was in constant denial that I went from one obgyn to another. Then he said,"I understand your fear. But, let's get this thing out this time. No more wait. OK?" Then, we discussed about the surgery, what we need to prepare, what would happen during surgery, what the risks, the recovery, etc. I also asked about the pain management after surgery. He said I would be given a selft inject morphine. OK. You may think it's cool. But, it's all measured and controlled by a computer so there is no way a patient could get more than he/she needs. "You can't be too crazy with morphine..he..he.."
He even drew line around where the incisions will be. Horizontal line about 10cm on my middle left abdomen, followed by vertical line up to rib line. But, he said, if the cyst is malignant, then he'd probably make longer vertical line up to my limph node. Oh, well... Doctor said not to worry, he's gonna do his best and treat me like a family.
After consultation, I went to work. Doc told me to wait for a call about a surgery schedule. Later that day, I called Dr. K to cancel the surgery. I felt bad because Dr. K is such a sweet and nice doc, but I think I do the right thing. This is my body, and I want the best I could get and afford to get well.

****************************************
January 6th, Nancy from surgery scheduler called. She has January 20th available for my surgery and January 14th for my pre-op. I said let's do that. I told Sandi, my manager, about the new surgery schedule and she said she will revised the working schedule for next week. I'm so happy I have her as a manager. She's been being very supportive of me. Thank goodness!

**********************************
January 1oth, Lily called me to drop by to get some tempe Andreas has made. I went there and he gave me instructions of how to make the tempe starter from rice. It's very interesting. I wrote them down while we chat about my condition. Andreas asked why do you afraid of? What's your biggest fear? If you are afraid of death, it's useless 'cuz we are gonna die. It's just a matter of time and place and how. Andreas and Lily said I should get myself well prepared towards the surgery. Get enough nutrition and rest. Bring my fears and worries to God, pray rosary or novena to keep my mind away from bad thoughts. It's time to stop denying the facts that I have health problem, start to look ahead: visualize myself as a happy and healthy girl. "You decided to fight the cyst, that's a good start. Then, let God does His will. No worries. We all pray for you." Lily said, if I need religious advise, Romo Fajar will stay over nite after Indonesian mass that will be held January 18th. Oh, and btw, I think this is really good that I finally re-schedule my surgery. It gave me chance to attend this Indonesian mass. Praise the Lord! He sets everything perfectly!
*****************************************
January 11th, I went to salon after church today. I planned to cut my hair short. I think short hair is easier to maintain, especially after big surgery. And here is how I look like now:




Loel said,"Wow! You look a lot younger!" He loves my new hair cut and can't help himself to touch it every now and then. he..he..

1 comments:



Unknown said...

love the new look
you look so cute