My Experience with Ovarian Cyst (part 7)

Since New Year's eve, I had trouble sleeping. Or when I finally fell asleep, I woke up around 2 or 3 am and couldn't get back to sleep. I was nervous, my hands and feet were sweaty. I felt tired and sleepy at work, and could not focus on the job.
Tonight, December 3rd, before I slept, I prayed and meditated. It helped me get more rest. But I still feel nervous and depressed. I kept thinking about Dr. Kavoussi, I wonder whether I chose the right doctor to do the surgery. I remember he told us that he doesn't do this kind of surgery very often so he's gonna have his father to 'look over' his shoulder.
As always, I woke up at 3.20am. I decided to go to office room to my laptop and thought maybe if I could get my eyes really tired then I might be able to go back to sleep. I used Aetna navigator to find profiles of doctors I have visited. The result showed that Dr. Blumhagen, the first obgyn we met has better qualification, based on his experience, his education, and reviews from his patients. He is also listed on Aexcel, which means, his services meet strict criterias of Aetna insurance. His office is at Seton Northwest Hospital, which is near to us. This hospital also has a good reputation in doing the similar surgeries, based on reviews of the patients and meet the high standard of American hospital grades.
Why did I find this infos now? Why did I not do it before I confirmed the surgery date with Dr. Kavoussi? Stupid me! Or is this the way God show me?
I started to think to go back to Dr. Blumhagen. But, what about the appointment I made with Dr. Kavoussi? This morning, I wrote email to Loel with the links to the websites and infos I found. I asked him to help me to decide which doctor should I go with.


**************************************
January 4th, I was upset with Loel since he did not show his support I need. He did not read my email until I asked. All morning I waited for him to start a discussion. He didn't say anything except that he agreed to babysit Britt's kids. I felt down, I wasn't in his priority. I guess I have to go through this step alone. I have a feeling that he thought this is my decision to have a surgery. But I don't have choice! Diet shows no help, and the cyst is growing.
Eventually, he knows that I was mad. Maybe because I was so quiet most of the day. Before I went to bed, he said sorry and asked if there was anything he can do to make me feel better.
**************************************
January 5th morning, I decided to call Dr. Blumhagen to see if I can get an appointment that day. Too bad, his schedule was tight. But there was an early appointment available for the next morning, so I took it. I called Sandi, my manager, to let her know that the surgery schedule might be changed. To my surprise, I missed the call from Dr. Kavoussi's office eventhough I had my cell with me all day that day.
Loel called to have an update of the situation. I was happy with his call. On the way home, I dropped by at Kohls and bought some night gowns. I would need them after surgery. I also think of cutting my hair short for easy maintenance. My hair is almost waist long now and takes time to take care of it.
******************************************

0 comments: