First Rosary in Our House

I know it's late to post this story. But, like people says 'better late than never'. First, I really want to thank my best friend Lily Widodo (she's wearing white T-shirt next to me, in the picture bellow), who first introduced me to this "Indonesian Community" in Austin. I also want to thank Fransiskus Sani and Tena which through our chats they keep me updated about events and any info that is going on in this big Indonesian family.

After the first Indonesian Mass I attended last September, Lily and I keep in a good contact. She told me that ICC (Indonesian College Community, is more like Mudika in Indonesia, red.) would like to have rosary prayer every once in a week. First rosary would be at her house. Then Lily called me to see if I would like to have the second rosary in our house. Coincidentally, but I'd prefer to say it's God work, I have a day off of work that weekend. I told Loel and he was happy to hear that.

Few days before October 12, I called Lily to check on how many people we would expect to come. She said it'd probably about 12-20 no more than that. I planned to make huzzaren sallad, nasi goreng (fried rice), samosa (Indian snack), cendol (Indonesian traditional drinks), and lemper. Pretty good.

That Friday morning, Loel and I went shopping for all ingredients. He helped me chopped some veggies and cleaned up the house. I'm so proud of him! First guest to come was Ali. Then Lily and her family. She got lost a bit (thanks for my bad direction!), then called Loel for direction. Sorry Li!

Anyway, total people who came that night (including kids) were 25! Luckily, Inge and other person brought some meals also, even we didn't say it's a potluck meeting. So, everybody had enough to eat. Thank you Lord!
For everyone who could not be there, here are some fotos and love to share.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

0 comments: