My Experience with Ovarian Cyst (part 2)

It was a nice autumn afternoon on September 26th, my husband and I decided to go to obgyn to have us checked for fertility. We've been married for 4 years and been trying to conceived since our first nite with no luck. I did search online and bought some fertility test strips and ovulite test. I check my BBT (Basal Body Temperature) every morning toward my estimated fertile days. We are both vegetarian, non-smokers and live a healthy life style. I feel like I did everything and think that it is time to seek for some expert's help. My husband agreed with me.
At the clinic, obgyn reviewed our medical hystories then he was ready to refer us to a fertility doctor. But, when he examined me, he found a lump in my abdomen. USG result showed a large mass in my right ovary with the size of 9cm by 13cm. My obgyn requested for a blood test and recommended a surgery. Since the mass is large, as he explained to me, the cyst must be removed through laparotomy, means it'll be an invasive major surgery with estimated 7-9 inches incission. I was shock to learn that the "small complex cyst" I have since 2 years ago keeps growing. I know the previous obgyn told me to come back in few months to close-monitor the cyst which, back then it's size was only 2cm by 3cm. But, as I experience no pain whatsoever and my period comes regularly, plus doctor said it may dissolved in few months, I did not have it checked.
We went back home feeling upset. We did search online to find more infos about this cyst and I stumbled into this website http://www.ovariancystsnomore.com/. It offers an e-book that contains diet and holistic way to get free of ovarian cyst. I was so frustrated and the image of having my abdomen cut open really frightened me out. So, I bought this e-book and started to buy all the supplements needed for the treatment soon after. As suggested, I changed my diet to mostly-raw, means 70% of what I eat should be raw, uncooked. We eat only organic food whereever possible. And I should avoid 3 "evil" things: dairy products, soy, and gluten grains. We started to grow our own sprouts, mung bean, amaranth, sun flower, lentils, etc. I made smoothies with wheat grass and spirulina. We replace cow milk and cheese with almond milk and cheese. I limit consumption of egg and white rice. Drink lots of water mixed with apple cider vinegar in the morning to cleanse my system, which is followed with drinking Total EFA oil, extra virgin coconut oil, olive oil with lemon juice.
My husband is a really good supporter. I'm so proud of him. He even slow down on coffee and alcohol since we learn that caffein and alcohol are among the list of acid foods. Our environtment has been feminized througout centuries because our diet contains lots of acid food that parts come from using chemical pesticide and cleaning product. Our bodies need to be alkalinized to balance the acidity.
Anyway, the blood test (CA-125) turned out normal. It relieved me a bit. I called my obgyn to put the surgery on hold since I'm going to do this holistic method first. I really hope and pray this diet with supplements would be my gateway to live free without cyst. Diet was a bit hard at the beginning. Sometimes, I was tempted to some tasty potato chips or my favorite cheddar cheese or a cup of Starbucks frapuccino with fluffy cream on top. Yum...! But every time I ate them I felt guilty and wrong and it consumed my mind for the next few days. So, whenever I craved for them, I simply rubbed the bump on my belly and started to visualize this: a good chunk of cheese that is getting smaller and smaller as I was able to control my cravings.
The holistic program takes about 60 days for the cyst to show positive result. But since my cyst is pretty big, it would take longer to dissolve. I plan to follow this program closely and have the cyst checked after 2 months. If there is any sign of shrinkage, I will keep on doing this program. But if the opposite occurs (means the cyst gets bigger or worse) then I have to consider a surgery. For now I just want to focus on this diet and my other visualization: me being pregnant with the baby and as the baby grows it eats the cyst bit by bit until it's gone. Gross...ha..ha..

0 comments: